In accordance with Measure no. 229 issued by the Italian Data Protection Authority (Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali) on 08 May 2014 – HTTP://WWW.GARANTEPRIVACY.IT/WEB/GUEST/HOME/DOCWEB/-/DOCWEB-DISPLAY/DOCWEB/3118884 – mpdbox.com has issued the following information relating to cookies, covering what they do and how the User can deactivate them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that websites visited by a particular user issue to, and save on, the user’s personal computer or whatever other device he or she uses (including mobile devices), in order that they be retransmitted to the same websites during a subsequent visit.
Cookies are used for a variety of purposes: for instance, to record the user’s actions and preferences (e.g. login data, chosen language, text size and other visualisation preferences), so that the user does not need to repeat the same actions or re-enter the same preferences each time he or she visits the site, or navigates between two pages on a single site;
certain cookies may be used for authentication, for session monitoring and for recording information about the actions of users who access a website. They may contain a unique ID code that allows the issuer to trace the user’s browsing behaviour within the website for statistical or marketing purposes.
The cookies on the Website may be issued by mpdbox.com, or by other websites (so-called “third-party cookies”).
TYPES OF COOKIES USED BY THE WEBSITE mpdbox.com AND WHAT THEY DO
Cookies are grouped into different categories depending on their characteristics and function:
– analytics cookies, which are used to collected information, in aggregate form, on the number of users who access mpdbox.com, and the pages viewed (e.g. Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Mailchimp cookies). . Users are directed to the relative policies published by the originators of these cookies, which provide additional and more detailed information. These policies may change from time to time and Users are therefore advised to consult them periodically. HTTP://WWW.GOOGLE.COM/POLICIES/TECHNOLOGIES/ADS/;
Our site includes cookies of this type;
– third-party cookies, which are used by partners of the mpdbox.com website for the purposes of displaying mpdbox.com advertising banners – featuring the products you viewed most recently at mpdbox.com – when you are visiting other sites. While you are browsing on the mpdbox.com site, these cookies are used to display products that may interest you, or that are similar to those that you have viewed previously, basing the selection of these products on your browsing history. The use of these cookies does not imply the handling of personal data, but they may make it possible to connect to your computer and/or other devices and access data stored on them. These cookies connect with the browser installed on the computer or other devices you use to access mpdbox.com;
– profile cookies, which are designed to create user profiles with a view to sending Users promotional information that is consistent with their preferences as displayed during their browsing activity. The third-party cookies present on our site are only capable of accessing user data in aggregate form. Below we list the privacy policies and related consent forms issued by the relevant third parties, which provide additional and more detailed information. Please note that these can change from time to time, and we therefore advise you to review them periodically. HTTP://WWW.GOOGLE.COM/INTL/EN/POLICIES/TECHNOLOGIES/ADS/; HTTP://WWW.GOOGLE.COM/INTL/EN/POLICIES/PRIVACY/.
All of the cookie types listed above may be retained on your computer, or mobile device, for varying periods of time, depending on their relative function.
The cookies stored on your computer or mobile device cannot be used to retrieve data from your hard disk, transmit computer viruses, or identify and/or use your email address, nor can they be used for any other purpose other than those described above.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR COOKIE SETTINGS
You can set and manage your preferred cookie settings at any time, selecting which cookies to authorise, block or delete in whole or in part, by adjusting the settings of your browser (i.e. the programme you use to browse the internet).
Below, are links explaining how to manage cookie settings for specific browsers:
Internet Explorer: HTTP://WINDOWS.MICROSOFT.COM/IT-IT/WINDOWS7/BLOCK-ENABLE-OR-ALLOW-COOKIES
For more information and details on the various cookie types, their characteristics and how they work, we invite you to visit the following, freely-accessible websites (please note, these sites are not connected with WWW.MPDBOX.COM in any way) – WWW.ALLABOUTCOOKIES.ORG andWWW.YOURONLINECHOICES.COM.
To deactivate analytics cookies and prevent Google Analytics from collecting data about your browsing behaviour, you can download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: TOOLS.GOOGLE.COM/DLPAGE/GAOPTOUT.
We will store your cookie preferences using a dedicated technical cookie, which corresponds to the characteristics described in the list above.
Please note that partially or wholly blocking or deleting:
– technical cookies may make it impossible to use our website, view its contents and access the related services;
– functionality cookies may cause certain services or site functions to be unavailable or to function incorrectly, with the result that you will be required to manually modify or insert certain information or preferences each time your visit the website;
– other cookies present on the website (analytics or profile cookies) will not affect the correct operation of the website.